The AvP backer mutual support group thread

A receptacle for what's left over when you've sucked the life out of the good stuff. You can freak out and argue over whatever comes to mind.

Re: The AvP backer mutual support group thread

Postby The Watcher » Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:39 pm

Well, as a KS backer and still waiting for the remainder of my stuff, I have to say that the "AvP The Hunt Begins Second Edition" does appear to look good!

It is the right price range, has pre-assembled miniatures (ideal for a board-game), foam packaging for storage of the items and hopefully re-vamped rules/tiles/cards etc...

I will have to wait for an independent review (rather than their website spiel or one of the fanboi type wargame sites "reviews") to make a final judgement

Yeah, I know it hurts, but this is the product that should have been released first time!
According to Artemis Black, I'm not a "Frother"
The Watcher

Postby Gomez » Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:02 pm

Just for those who may not have seen the email, there offering salute pick up...

Not sure if they'll let pitch forks into the venue
Gomez

Postby manatic » Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:31 pm

I finally got mine. Not sure what to think - the minis are lovely and the game looks interesting enough...it's just that my enthusiasm for this thing died a long time ago. Crying shame, that.
manatic

Postby sabersedge » Mon May 22, 2017 11:18 pm

Did they ever release the wargames version of the rules? I think I went in for a PDF version of that way back when the KS launched.
sabersedge

Postby The Watcher » Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:50 pm

I have now managed to sell most of mine on eBay, just keeping some add-on miniatures to hopefully get around to painting (young bloods, predalien and predator female). Even sold the KS Berserker Predator!!!!

The box, boards, and cards I may also list, but possibly just chuck!!!

Still waiting for the cloaked predators, alternative marines and some other bits

I may pick up the second edition version at a later date, but the first edition game is dead!!!!

Like others have said, the miniatures are good, its just that Prodos are dire!
The Watcher

Postby The Watcher » Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:00 pm

The latest from their newsletter: -

"Few days ago on Essen Spiel 2017 some unknown individual stole our money case from our booth. It was Research and Development's funds for next few months, now those funds are now gone. We decided to try to compensate that by releasing a special miniature that will work with both AvP and Warzone.
All money from its sales are going to be put into development of AvP and Warzone.Rob Yourstand can be used both in AvP and Warzone - you can download rules from our website."

I shouldn't comment, but why would anyone take the R&D money to a show? :roll: :loopy: :/
The Watcher

Postby Rev Nice » Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:12 pm

Given the rank bullshit they've been pouring out by the bucket load over their customers previously, I not only seriously doubt the dubious claim that this money was their poor ickle R&D funds but I also call into question whether any money was nicked from them at all.
Rev Nice

Postby mcfonz » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:43 pm

I wonder if what their plan was to use money from Essen to fund the next part of their R&D?

Either way, with everything that has gone before, I don't think anyone could be forgiven for thinking that it sounds just like another BS story. I feel for them if this is true. But at the same time part of me wonders if it is true, whether it was a disgruntled customer . . . . you just never know. Not right even if it was.

Still. Some will apply the rules of Karma here.

P.S - Watcher, if you are going to chuck the actual game components, chuck them in an envelope and send them to me for the kids home. I'll use nids and em4 troopers with the kids maybe.
My miniature building/painting and gaming blog: http://mcfonz.blogspot.co.uk/
mcfonz

Previous

Return to The Spittoon