A therapeutic wargaming experience

Who makes Eskimos on skateboards in 45mm?
Who has good customer service?
Will prepainted plastics make your knob fall off?
Hold forth!

Re: A therapeutic wargaming experience

Postby mcfonz » Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:22 am

Seems a while since I last had anything to update this thread with.

New arrival this week - first shift I am on and he is talking about having played Warhammer Total War. A short talk later a visit to GW ensues. They were super supportive and not pushy in the slightest. Literally let him wander around the store looking at what he liked and talking to him about the story of the 40k-verse.

He liked Tyranids and Tau. Looking through the stuff we had, I found a unit of firewarriors (I think), a hammerhead gunship, and in the depths of a box a model that I didn't even realise we had - what looks to be a forgeworld tau Barracuda . . . . . £80 worth of model. Well, to hell with it, he's got them to start his army!!!! Just goes to show, the generosity of some that have donated vastly surpassed even the bits I knew they had already sent!!!!
My miniature building/painting and gaming blog: http://mcfonz.blogspot.co.uk/
mcfonz

Postby countersunk81 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:13 am

Wow, that's awesome!
Glad to hear that the blue-shirts have more than 1 mode too :D
countersunk81

Postby spear » Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:34 pm

Strangely I was talking to the local GW manager a couple of weeks ago, not been in for years but he is a good guy. Even accepts there are other games out there and doesn't give the hard sell, quite happy to chat about "the old days"
I mentioned that I had passed stuff to you and he said GW would be happy to support that sort of thing, not sure if you have asked but if not it might be worth following up?
spear

Postby mcfonz » Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:33 pm

Yeah, I spoke to the chap at our GW, he's super awesome and has been there for a while now.

He was openly conversing with other adult gamers about the industry and other companies. He did ask me if we needed paints - I said I would check as I couldn't remember. He's also given me contact details for someone who works with the school clubs etc - apparently they have expanded that to youth clubs etc so may possibly send out a pack for us. I will contact them when I am next on shift.

Sadly, it looks like this lad will only be with us for a very short time so won't have much of a chance with him. Interestingly Warlord Games have also offered to send some stuff . . . . .
mcfonz

Postby spear » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:11 pm

I am hoping to come to Salute this year (fingers crossed real life will leave me alone this year). I have a load of the Warhammer 40k card game cards, are they something you would be interested in?
spear

Postby mcfonz » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:21 pm

Yeah! The lad we have in at the moment is on the autistic spectrum and likes stuff like that. Would be might cool to see you again spear, and I hope you get a clear run at things this year.
mcfonz

Previous

Return to General Miniatures Discussion