Rogue Trooper Judge Dredd minis? Warlord? Mingeeze?

Who makes Eskimos on skateboards in 45mm?
Who has good customer service?
Will prepainted plastics make your knob fall off?
Hold forth!

Rogue Trooper Judge Dredd minis? Warlord? Mingeeze?

Postby TwoGunBob » Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:07 pm

Got curious if the Rogue Trooper kickstarter ever got sorted out and noticed both ranges apparently were bought by Warlord and then... Shelved? Discontinued? Back at Mingeese Matt's millionaire dollar mansion? Just curious if the ranges are in limbo or gone again for a few years.
TwoGunBob

Re: Rogue Trooper Judge Dredd minis? Warlord? Mingeeze?

Postby Cait Sidhe » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:10 pm

No idea about Rogue Trooper but Rebel Minis bought a bunch of the old Mongoose Judge Dredd stuff, least what they could sell as generic sci fi.
Cait Sidhe

Postby Voltan » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:54 pm

well the Dredd stuff was available from warlord but seems to have disappeared, know not about the Rogue stuff.
Voltan

Postby Rev Nice » Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:53 pm

From what I remember, I don't think any of the Rogue Trooper stuff made it past the greens stage.

Maybe a Rogue was produced but I was sure I read somewhere that the rest of the pledge was fulfilled by subbing in stuff from other Dredd stuff.

I'm not even sure that the ABC Warriors Mongrol ever made it past a painted promotional mini.

It's a right old fuck up though.

1) Mongoose produces Dredd minis.
2) Mongoose runs into a spot of bother producing Dredd minis.
3) Mongoose and Warlord team up so Warlord produce the Dredd minis.
4) Mongoose lose the 2000AD license.
5) Warlord buy the 2000AD license.
6) Warlord say they are going to do Strontium Dog stuff.
7) The more generic Dredd elements are sold off whilst the other stuff has the molds destroyed.
8 ) What the fucking fuck???!!???

The Mongoose 2000AD kickstarter happens (I think) between stages 2 and 3. Although, who knows? I wouldn't be surprised if the plan was for Warlord to keep doing Dredd and Mongoose to do Rogue Trooper and other 2000AD elements but I'm well past the stage for understanding Mongoose business decisions.
Rev Nice

Postby mcfonz » Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:16 pm

So from what I am aware of, and I am not 100% sure on any of this, is that Warlord bought the license and had first refusal on miniatures. They have taken some on, and not others, is my understanding. The stuff that is more obviously Judge Dredd will be either kept and released again, or it will be discontinued permanently. Like I say, this could all be wrong.

Rebel Minis has picked up a bunch of the generic stuff as already noted. Which perhaps isn't a surprise as they picked up the more generic Starship Trooper metal stuff as well if you ever wondered what happened to some of that as well.

No movement yet from Warlord on what they are going to do with it. But then that may be because they are working with the license holder on a new project perhaps?
My miniature building/painting and gaming blog: http://mcfonz.blogspot.co.uk/
mcfonz

Postby TwoGunBob » Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:12 pm

Appreciate the information, it all seemed a bit sideways and I lost track of it. Honestly felt a bit out of touch with the moving and shaking of minis companies for awhile now. I was going through Mingeezer's catalog and they appear to have packed up almost everything now. So, it's all a bit limbo at the moment. Saw Matt also lost the license to Runequest and apparently Traveller is going away as well?
TwoGunBob

Postby Rev Nice » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:36 pm

I don't know if you use FB or not but a summary of posts from there reveal the following:

MONGOOSE PUBLISHING
22nd March 2016
Picture of Hammerstein ABC Warriors style with the heading: 'Coming this summer...'

(This is the last post about the 2000AD stuff. There is no mention of any Dredd or other 2000AD characters after this. Not even a post about losing the license.)

8th March 2016
'Coming for Judge Dredd - imminently!

Two new Lawmasters for the Justice Department, plus a free PDF that will give Med- and Tek-Judges a bigger role in your games!'

(This is the last post to reference anything new for the Judge Dredd Miniatures Game.)

22nd September 2015
On a post about new Brit Cit Judges a poster asks:
' Any word on the ABC warriors I pledged for three years ago?'
Mongoose reply: ' Keep your eye on the next update - photos of the last models to be sculpted for the ABC Warriors will be appearing within t a few days.'
(Apart from the Hammerstein picture in March 2016, there are no further ABC Warriors pics from this post forward on the Mongoose FB page.)

9th February 2015
'Apologies for the lack of updates of late - lots and lots going on behind the scenes, from warriors of the ancient world to World War II dogfights!

However, today just a quickie I thought you might all like to see - minus the Lazooka soldier and Sergeant, the otherwise full squad of Southers for Rogue Trooper!'
(The picture shown is of greens. No production casts.)

Poster comments: ' When & where will the Rogue Trooper stuff be available to purchase. I have checked the Warlord games site a couple of times with no joy (except for the 2 initial blister packs that came out years back)'

(There is no reply from Mongoose.)

Over on the Warlord FB page by comparison:

15th December 2016
'Given the announcement yesterday of our 2000AD licence we thought you'd like to see this awesome fan made film for Strontium Dog - we love it!'
(As far as I can see, this is the last mention of the 2000AD license.)

14th December 2016
Warlord first announce they have the 2000AD license in a newsletter:
http://www.warlordgames.com/warlord-gam ... s-licence/
'Game development and designs are in the very early stages but initial plans are for a game based on the world of Strontium Dog, the popular futuristic Wild West-style series where mutated humans such as Johnny Alpha are forced to become bounty hunters.

As a reply to a comment, Warlord state:
' Our licence is for all of 2000AD rather than just Dredd and Rogue Trooper as Mongoose had. Consider ours as a new start rather than a continuation of the Mongoose stuff - new games, new rules and new miniatures and new scales...'

(The comment about scales implies that this would not be a reissue of the previous stuff but all new minis in a different scale, possibly the same as their Doctor Who range.)

2nd November 2016
Link to Warlord newsletter
http://us1.campaign-archive2.com/?u=71c ... 4b90770eb8

(The Dredd range is at 50% off)

20th October
A poster comments: ' I was hoping to use this offer to stock up on some more "Judge Dredd" models but suddenly everything seems to be Out Of Stock? Has the webstore page gone buggy?'
(There is no reply from Warlord to this post)

It's possible that I've just skimmed past it by mistake but I couldn't find the loss of 2000AD license announcement on either Mongoose's or Warlord's FB page. I'm sure that was where Mongoose first announced it along with the statement about the destruction of some of the molds.
Rev Nice

Postby The Watcher » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:15 am

I was bored so, quick google search of "mongoose lose judge licence" and "mongoose publishing lose judge licence"

http://forum.mongoosepublishing.com/vie ... p?t=119722

Also, State of the Mongoose 2016 - http://blog.mongoosepublishing.co.uk/?p=829

Other info and speculation on TMP and others, inc new RPG?

http://theminiaturespage.com/boards/msg.mv?id=435887

http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2017/02/ ... 00-ad.html

https://www.worldsof2000adrpg.com/about/
According to Artemis Black, I'm not a "Frother"
The Watcher

Return to General Miniatures Discussion