What would you like to game?

Who makes Eskimos on skateboards in 45mm?
Who has good customer service?
Will prepainted plastics make your knob fall off?
Hold forth!

What would you like to game?

Postby manatic » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:06 pm

I assume many gamers have all sorts of gaming plans and dreams that have never come to fruition. What are yours, and does it look likely they will happen?

Mine is definitely a proper pirate swashbuckling battle between two ships - swinging across on ropes, sailors falling to the sea churning with sharks, swivel guns firing shrapnel...the works. As I've already got two large ships (that I'll hopefully finish one day), it seems plausible that this will happen eventually.
manatic

Re: What would you like to game?

Postby Voltan » Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:11 pm

I was working towards a game in bolt action that was going to be fallschrimjager assaulting an RAF regiment defended airfield, I even have some cheap plane kits to build for it, but lost interest in bolt action and just general can't be arsed-ness has halted progress.

As an in general thing, I'd like to run through a full narrative map based campaign,something you could write up afterwards as if it was real, it's just finding anyone who'd want to run it the same way or had time to do it.
Voltan

Postby mcfonz » Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:13 pm

My biggest issue with what I would like to game is the way things seem to go in fads at the moment.

I have my longstanding fantasy and sci fi universes that I adapt and add to, and am always looking for rules to use with them.

Then I have the Samurai skirmish level game I want to play, I need to look through Ronin, Bushido and Daisho and possibly others to see which rule set it is suits how I want to play.

Then the weird war project . . . . too many ideas, so little time to do them.
My miniature building/painting and gaming blog: http://mcfonz.blogspot.co.uk/
mcfonz

Postby manatic » Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:40 pm

mcfonz wrote:Then I have the Samurai skirmish level game I want to play, I need to look through Ronin, Bushido and Daisho and possibly others to see which rule set it is suits how I want to play.

Have you tried Test of Honour? I played a few games some time back, it was a really fun system that resulted in some excellent samurai movie style scenes.
manatic

Postby mcfonz » Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:14 pm

manatic wrote:
mcfonz wrote:Then I have the Samurai skirmish level game I want to play, I need to look through Ronin, Bushido and Daisho and possibly others to see which rule set it is suits how I want to play.

Have you tried Test of Honour? I played a few games some time back, it was a really fun system that resulted in some excellent samurai movie style scenes.

Not yet, it is one that I want to take a look at at some point.
My miniature building/painting and gaming blog: http://mcfonz.blogspot.co.uk/
mcfonz

Postby whiskey priest » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:55 pm

I'm plodding away at Spanish and English/Dutch to play a 'what if the Armada had succeeded' series of games. Lord knows when I'll get round to finishing them as I keep getting distracted by other stuff. For instance I bought the wee man the original transformers series on dvd the other day and I started thinking how cool it would be to have starscream and another couple of decepticons attacking a power plant defended by some autobot with support from copplestone future wars figures. I even started looking up old transformers on eBay!. Its an illness i tell thee!
whiskey priest

Postby soldado » Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:32 pm

I dont know I have a specific game/ genre/ scenario, I tend to play whatever comes around or takes my fancy for the time being its pulp related soon enough that may change, after all why amy I randomly building up my collection of modern characters modern pulp/ spyfi, possibly but im not really sure
Producing both eggs and milk, the platypus is one of nature's rare custard machines.
soldado

Postby Artemis Black » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:16 am

A full fantasy RPG, half written at best, unlikely to ever be more than that with so much on my plate for at least the next 2 years.

If I could stop time and had a couple of months to do whatever I wanted it'd be work out, learn the piano and write the rest of this game :)
Artemis Black
Kickstarter Slayer

Postby the imp » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:42 am

I'm currently seven or so weeks into a year-long D&D game. I've been playing 25 years and never had one go more than a dozen weeks or so. I'd like to finish it. Beyond that, I'm toying with a mix and match hero/companion skirmish game. It's very nascent, but I'm optimistic about it.
Pushing threads to page 2 since 2001.

So...what do you think of that model?
the imp
Minister of Scouting

Postby countersunk81 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:04 am

I've not currently got any burning desire to do much outside of existing systems and universes, rather building up and getting used to some of those systems and doing more with them. That said, it does involve pirates with Freebooters fate, far east with Bushido, and sci fi with Infinity, and doing lots of terrain for them too.
countersunk81

Postby Nordic weasel games » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:49 pm

I've been wanting to do Spanish Civil War for decades but just never get around to it.
Writer and designer of games ranging from black powder to laser guns.

http://www.wargamevault.com/browse/pub/ ... asel-Games
Nordic weasel games

Postby levied troop » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:26 am

whiskey priest wrote:I'm plodding away at Spanish and English/Dutch to play a 'what if the Armada had succeeded' series of games. Lord knows when I'll get round to finishing them as I keep getting distracted by other stuff....... Its an illness i tell thee!

I definitely suffering from it. My half-hearted attempt at 'what if' Armada is progressing at snails pace:
http://www.lead-adventure.de/index.php?topic=93251.0

and I've started about 7 projects since that!

What I'd love to game is the taking of Caen in 1356: it's basically the Arnhem fight in the middle of a medieval French city, English archers launching an impromptu attack to take a bridge, seizing small boats to cross the river, French troops doing the same to counter-attack, Knights getting drawn in, civillians raining piss-pots onto the English as they fight through narrow streets etc, etc. I've got (some) of the figures (unpainted) I need and a couple of city wall kits as a starter, but it really needs a 12 x 6 table packed with the best medieval buildings I can do and probably 2 years of solid, uninterrupted, work. But it would be fun.
levied troop

Postby Voltan » Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:57 pm

levied troop wrote:What I'd love to game is the taking of Caen in 1356: it's basically the Arnhem fight in the middle of a medieval French city, English archers launching an impromptu attack to take a bridge, seizing small boats to cross the river, French troops doing the same to counter-attack, Knights getting drawn in, civillians raining piss-pots onto the English as they fight through narrow streets etc, etc. I've got (some) of the figures (unpainted) I need and a couple of city wall kits as a starter, but it really needs a 12 x 6 table packed with the best medieval buildings I can do and probably 2 years of solid, uninterrupted, work. But it would be fun.

That sounds brilliant, any ideas how you'd work the piss-pots into the game?
Voltan

Postby Cait Sidhe » Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:31 pm

For my post apoc stuff I really want to do a board that's either a dried out seabed complete with shipwreck(s) or an abandoned ruined airfield. I have model kits and stuff to do both but it just seems so far away given the amount of work. Original plan was to do an oil tanker like in the Mad Max video game till I realised how huge a tanker would be even in 20mm (and also no models available in that scale, see point 1)...
Cait Sidhe

Postby sOOp » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:38 pm

My dream game that will never happen would be a time traveling game. I have no idea how it would work but I'd like to do a miniatures game that involved scenarios where you travel through time.
sOOp

Postby soldado » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:58 pm

sOOp wrote:My dream game that will never happen would be a time traveling game. I have no idea how it would work but I'd like to do a miniatures game that involved scenarios where you travel through time.

Hang on is this a reference to how you sound like Ted from Bill and Ted's excellent adventure? Dude!
Producing both eggs and milk, the platypus is one of nature's rare custard machines.
soldado

Postby sOOp » Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:49 am

soldado wrote:

Hang on is this a reference to how you sound like Ted from Bill and Ted's excellent adventure? Dude!

They are two unrelated things.
sOOp

Postby Nordic weasel games » Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:00 pm

Voltan wrote:
levied troop wrote:What I'd love to game is the taking of Caen in 1356: it's basically the Arnhem fight in the middle of a medieval French city, English archers launching an impromptu attack to take a bridge, seizing small boats to cross the river, French troops doing the same to counter-attack, Knights getting drawn in, civillians raining piss-pots onto the English as they fight through narrow streets etc, etc. I've got (some) of the figures (unpainted) I need and a couple of city wall kits as a starter, but it really needs a 12 x 6 table packed with the best medieval buildings I can do and probably 2 years of solid, uninterrupted, work. But it would be fun.

Morale penalty? :D
Writer and designer of games ranging from black powder to laser guns.

http://www.wargamevault.com/browse/pub/ ... asel-Games
Nordic weasel games

Postby levied troop » Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:13 pm

Voltan wrote:

Water pistols?

Or perhaps adapt the hand grenade rule from CoC except instead of death/wounds any character hit has to always be 6" from any friendly troops.
levied troop

Return to General Miniatures Discussion