Outpost highwaymen size comparison

Product reviews, bake offs, figure/scale comparissons

Outpost highwaymen size comparison

Postby manatic » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:00 am

Made a quick post on the subject, thought the beef of it would be of interest here as well (heads up Rev!). I was frustrated that I couldn't find a size comparison picture for OWS' highwaymen, so I put together one of my own. Hope it's useful!

manatic

Re: Outpost highwaymen size comparison

Postby Rev Nice » Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:18 pm

Ta! Very useful!

I very nearly bought some Outpost before I left the UK, as the Bow Street Runners and thugs would have been useful for a London of Sweeney Todd project that I was pondering.
Black Scorpion are the boys that I always feared wouldn't fit in with anything but I see they're not bad match for Blue Moon really.

The real bugger is how small Foundry are. I've found this with some of their Old West range too, which is a real shame as they have some lovely stuff.
I've got a pack of Dixon pirates I bought over a decade ago and from looking at this, I'd say they fitted in (perhaps not surprisingly) around the Foundry size.

I find the real surprise is what chunky big buggers the North Star chaps are. For some reason, I really thought they'd be on the smaller size. Not sure why.

Enjoy Dublin - and don't drink all the Guinness!
Rev Nice

Re: Outpost highwaymen size comparison

Postby manatic » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:16 pm

Rev Nice wrote:The real bugger is how small Foundry are. I've found this with some of their Old West range too, which is a real shame as they have some lovely stuff.
I've got a pack of Dixon pirates I bought over a decade ago and from looking at this, I'd say they fitted in (perhaps not surprisingly) around the Foundry size.

Foundry stuff tends to be on the small side, but then again if you base them up nicely and mix them with other stuff, it works well in my opinion.

Big pirate guy in the middle is Hasslefree, lady in the front is Reaper, voodoo lady is Black Cat Bases and the rest are Foundry. I've no problem fielding this lot together.
manatic

Return to Reviews