REVIEW - Anarchy Models HD Stencils

Product reviews, bake offs, figure/scale comparissons

REVIEW - Anarchy Models HD Stencils

Postby soldado » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:30 pm

So a review of the mini Digi camo specifically but also the HS stencils in general.

Available here http://www.anarchymodels.co.uk/hd19---m ... o-18-p.asp

I picked these up in anarchy's first kickstarter ages ago, various experiments since have not gone very well mostly my lack of ability with an airbrush rather than a problem with the stencils themselves although if they are left on to long they do tend to pull the paint off from underneath them.

Promo image from Anarchy's site

The stencils are an acrylic sheet pre cut, although to the eye it looks like a plain sheet until you twist them in the light. Certainly when trying to use them a hard part is getting them off the sheet.

Here is I guess the cutting pattern just printed out as a Guide

Using them is fairly simple really first undercoat and then spray on the desired base colour, in this case we're starting with Black

Start with the colours you want least of (usually the darker colours) which really doesn't make sense until you've done it at least once and got it the wrong way around (as I did)

As I dont want to much black showing on the finished model Im only putting a few stencils on.

Here we see the next coat applied over the first layer of stencils

More stencils applied, because they are flexible and sticky the stencils will bend around the model to form to the contours.

And more..

So four colour layers later we get

Needless to say my initial attempts didn’t turn out so well and once I ever find the models or the photos, I'll post the images of them.

Things I learned from all attempts to use these, don’t use vallejo through an airbrush ever, even Vallejo model/ game Air it just doesn't suit me. I started using Tamiya Acrylics through my airbrush and have enjoyed it much more.

After some practice, these are easy and great to use and give a really decent pattern that would be nigh on impossible without them.

I have some other patterns, Angel wings and large digi camo pattern that would need to go on a heroic scale vehicle to look even remotely decent. maybe if I get around to using them I'll post the pics here.
Producing both eggs and milk, the platypus is one of nature's rare custard machines.
soldado

Re: REVIEW - Anarchy Models HD Stencils

Postby blackfly » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:15 pm

Nice review soldado, thanks! 8)

I feel like we need to be able to enjoy the final product, while we're here:

:)
In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only yard work