Scouting Reports: Guidelines

New Scouting reports.
Share greens and new releases (figures, terrain, vehicles, busts, etc)
Actual physical product only, leave the renders elsewhere.

Moderator: ScoutingMods

Scouting Reports: Guidelines

Postby blackfly » Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:20 pm

Some suggestions if you're going to post scouting reports.

1) Post pictures!

We all want to see pics, not links to other places, if at all possible. If a site has hotlinking blocked for pictures, then obviously you don't have much choice. But if you can post them inline, thats the best. :)

2) Give some info, or at least a link.

If you don't want to spend the time to give us a full run down on price and size and material etc, then at least leave a link to the manufacturer / source if you can, so others can chase down more details if they like.

I don't want to dissuade folks from posting scouting reports, so if you REALLY only have 20seconds to post a picture before you have to get to your appointment at the VD Clinic, then post and go. But if you have a few more minutes, take the time to make the posts that much more informative to your fellow platypussians. :)
In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only yard work

Join the conversation in The Shed

The hole is only as deep as you dig it.
-AKULA
blackfly

Re: Scouting Reports: Guidelines

Postby Gomez » Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:06 am

Total agree with this, and I shall endeavour to pull my finger out and do some posting/linking
Gomez

Postby sOOp » Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:56 am

I've started editing posts to add this information. Please don't panic or get pissed if I have edited one of your posts.
sOOp

Postby Badger Loving Fluffster » Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:39 pm

blackfly wrote:1) Post pictures!

We all want to see pics, not links to other places, if at all possible. If a site has hotlinking blocked for pictures, then obviously you don't have much choice. But if you can post them inline, thats the best. :)

And if they DO block hot linking then save the pic yourself and repost from your own site

And if they block you saving the pic then they can shove their product up their various holes
Badger Loving Fluffster

Return to Scouting Reports from the platypus hunters