Heilung

What are you listening to ? Making music? Down with the Sound?

Heilung

Postby blackfly » Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:15 am

Dead Can Dance / Soriah / neo pagan leaning / nordic folk magic creole thing from Denmark with occasional throat singing fun stuff.

Heilung is amplified history from early medieval northern Europe and should not be mistaken for a modern political or religious statement of any kind.

phpBB [media]

Streaming and downloads at: https://heilung.bandcamp.com/

Oh and if you like that, here's the concert in its entirety:

phpBB [media]

Some of this gets a little more arch, but thats fine. From what I can see at least, the music and artistic approach is cool, even if it appeals to lots of people that i probably might not want to go to a show with. ;)

Heilung is sounds from the northern european iron age and viking period. We used everything from running water, human bones, reconstructed swords and shields up to ancient frame drums and bronze rings in the songs.
The lyrics contain original texts from rune stones and preserved spear shafts, amulets and other artifacts. Furthermore poems, which either deal with historical events or are translations/ interpretations of the originals.
Every attempt to link the music to modern political or religious points are pointless, since Heilung tries to connect the listener to the time before Christianity and its political offsprings raped and burned itself into the northern european mentality.
Heilung means healing in german and describes the core of the sound. It is supposed to leave the listener eased and relaxed after a sometimes turbulent musical journey.
In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only yard work