Fallout: The Board Game

Defend Kamchatka, Trade Sheep for Ore, and Mortgage Marvin Gardens. Board Games, Card games, and other tabletop games galore.

Postby soldado » Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:36 pm

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/n ... 8/fallout/

Fantasy Flight Games is proud to announce Fallout, a post-nuclear adventure board game based on Bethesda’s blockbuster video game series. In Fallout, one to four players take on a role within an irradiated landscape inspired by those in Fallout 3, Fallout 4, and their downloadable content expansions. With just a few locations pinpointed on their map, the players choose whether to work together or individually to explore these mysterious regions that lay before them. Along the way, each player will face a wealth of choices, deciding whether to pursue experience or Caps, collect loot or loyal companions, and progress the main questline or veer off to the vaults. As the players move around the board, building their skills and filling their inventory, the area’s warring factions will gain power, forcing the players to pledge loyalty or defy conformity, all in pursuit of gaining the most influence of anyone else in the wasteland.

The minis look decent

I dont know much about the franchise but I understand its popular.

any fans amongst us?
Producing both eggs and milk, the platypus is one of nature's rare custard machines.
soldado

Re: Fallout: The Board Game

Postby the imp » Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:43 pm

It'll probably be less expensive than the Modiphius wargame. I liked the first Fallout and the pulpy robot designs I've seen from the successive games. Post apocalyptic gaming isn't really my bag though.
Pushing threads to page 2 since 2001.

So...what do you think of that model?
the imp
Minister of Scouting

Postby mcfonz » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:07 pm

Yeah, I've loved fallout since the 2nd game which was my introduction to it. Will have to see about both entities - I'd like to know more before going in on either.
My miniature building/painting and gaming blog: http://mcfonz.blogspot.co.uk/
mcfonz

Postby countersunk81 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:45 pm

I bloody love Fallout! I'm really interested in this, FFG's tie-in games have been surprisingly deep (Game of Thrones is an epic) so I'm really looking forward to this.

I'm keeping an eye on the Modiphius project, but they seem to be scattergunning lots of different IP at the moment with not much momentum on any that I've seen.
countersunk81

Postby Nordic weasel games » Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:16 am

Not the biggest Fallout fan in the world, but I AM a big fantasy flight fan, so cautiously interested
Writer and designer of games ranging from black powder to laser guns.

http://www.wargamevault.com/browse/pub/ ... asel-Games
Nordic weasel games

Postby Casinha » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:33 am

I don't have particularly fond memories of other boardgames based on video games (the Bioshock Infinite boardgame was boring). Also actively mentioning 3 and 4 and DLC seems like a kick in the teeth to the first Fallout games when they're just as good a source of material. That said Fantasy Flight have some cracking products so will probably check it out at some point :D
Casinha

Return to Board Stiff