ROBIN 2017 (Nottingham)

Clubs, show dates and meet-ups, and oponent/player finder requests go here!

ROBIN 2017 (Nottingham)

Postby EX-F » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:08 am

Any other platypi thinking of going to ROBIN on the 12th of February?

http://www.wargamesevents.co.uk/

I'll be there running a participation game of Carnage City Chronicles so pop along, say hello and roll some dice with us.
I was me, but now he's gone.
Member #2 of the PLACWOC club.
EX-F

Re: ROBIN 2017 (Nottingham)

Postby Ramshackle_Curtis » Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:25 pm

I will be there with a small table.
Ramshackle_Curtis

Postby Gomez » Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:05 am

Excellent, I could do with a laugh :D

Seriously though the missus is there every week for something or other, and its only down the road so why not.
Gomez

Postby Lovejoy » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:49 am

We've got a stand there...
Lovejoy

Postby EX-F » Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:19 am

I enjoyed the show but if they run it again I hope they get the heating fixed. Some sort of PA system for the announcements wouldn't have gone amiss either.

Carnage City Chronicles seemed to go down very well and we had plenty of people playing the game over the course of the day which kept me pretty busy. I didn't get to have much of a look round the hall until after lunch. It was good to put faces to some forum handles and chat to folks.

How was it from a traders point of view?

Oh and in case you are wondering I was the idiot in the SWAT cap.
I was me, but now he's gone.
Member #2 of the PLACWOC club.
EX-F

Postby Lovejoy » Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:29 pm

First small show we've done (only Salute and the Expo before this) but I was pleasantly surprised from a trade POV. Sold a decent amount of stuff - even sold minis to Rick Priestley, which was a first for me!

If it's on next year, we'll definitely go back.
Lovejoy

Postby Dags » Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:49 pm

We did fine, trade-wise; not going to be able to retire though ;)

Roughly 400 through the door which is OK for a small show.

The Good.... decent venue, plenty of room for expansion, mostly well lit and an easy get-in, get-out

The Bad.... the date; slap bang in between 2 big, established show in the North/Midlands isn't ideal. Neither is having it mid-month between pay days.

The big tell will be if Robin affects Hammerhead in terms of numbers and takings. If it does, Robin will find it hard to get back the 'regular' traders who will find it difficult to justify both (we took 4 times more at Hammerhead last year than we did at Robin, if the numbers don't add up and it only means doing one it is fairly obvious which it will be). There are plenty of slots open later in the year which don't clash. As the date has already been set for next year (feb 18th iirc) - this could be a problem. There were plenty of comments/complaints about the lack of Dave T (he forgot to book :drunk:) and Foundry (e-mail server issues meant they never got the invite) - if some of the other 'bigger' traders don't come back it will be harder to get peeps through the door no matter how many interesting and non-regular traders there are.

The Ugly.... the cold. Nowt Donna could do about the heating breaking but it wasn't ideal to say the least. And the on-site catering was hopeless; 45 minutes to get a coffee when you're trying to work :/
Dags

Postby mcfonz » Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:04 pm

From a distance it seems crazy to try and compete in an area already rich with well established shows, both small and bigger . . . . .

Does wargaming really need another show in or around the likes of Nottingham etc?
My miniature building/painting and gaming blog: http://mcfonz.blogspot.co.uk/
mcfonz

Return to One of Us! One of Us! We Accept you!