Re: The Defenders

Postby EX-F » Thu May 04, 2017 8:21 am

Yes indeed.
I was me, but now he's gone.
Member #2 of the PLACWOC club.
EX-F

Postby wait, what? » Thu May 04, 2017 8:22 am

Well i guess i should have expected it really.
Brave you all!
What a superb game this is and will become, my prediction was weak and we will be many more.
Thank you all and see you again here, in breathing life, never where popular opinion dies
- Prodos Shill #4
wait, what?

Postby countersunk81 » Thu May 04, 2017 2:12 pm

:froth:
countersunk81

Postby Mr Tough Guy » Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:39 am

phpBB [media]
Mr Tough Guy

Postby ALizardInCrimson » Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:33 am

four out of five stars
Spoiler:
danny rand is much more bearable as a "mcGuffin" rather than a character
caffeine. cold dead hands. blah blah blah. you get it
ALizardInCrimson

Postby EX-F » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:13 am

I was a bit disappointed with this to be honest. It had its moments for my money the combined defenders were less than the sum of their individual parts. I'd give it 3.5 out of 5.

Spoiler:
There's a weird change in the continuity - at the end of Daredevil S2 you see the Alias Investigations sign being painted on the office opposite Matt's but here Jessica is back operating from her own apartment again.
EX-F

Postby TwoGunBob » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:05 pm

I enjoyed it but... I think it was alright rather than the spectacular presentation I was hoping for. The action choreography was light years better than Iron Fist's but nowhere near the level of Daredevil season one. Kudos for making Iron Fist appear competent but wow, that quick cut fight editing really bothers me as it confuses the fight and dissolves any tension that is supposed to be building.

I felt Sigourney Weaver was great but somehow still under used. Her menace was rather talked up by the other characters while she demonstrated very little of it in her actions. I'm not saying she should have been hi-keeba and cutting cars in half but her gears and plans were already so deeply in place that she didn't have much to do or demonstrate as the lead villain.

I will confess that Madame Gao remains my favorite villain the series has produced, possibly tied with Fisk/Kingpin because Vincent Phillip D'Onofrio just OWNS that role.

Eight episodes and I hate to say it but the first two episodes really felt like padding and very Netflix series formula driven. It was still pretty darned good but I admit I had super high expectations that weren't quite met.
TwoGunBob

Postby ALizardInCrimson » Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:02 am

EX-F wrote:I was a bit disappointed with this to be honest. It had its moments for my money the combined defenders were less than the sum of their individual parts. I'd give it 3.5 out of 5.

Spoiler:
There's a weird change in the continuity - at the end of Daredevil S2 you see the Alias Investigations sign being painted on the office opposite Matt's but here Jessica is back operating from her own apartment again.

your spoiler....
are you sure?

I can't find that :(
caffeine. cold dead hands. blah blah blah. you get it
ALizardInCrimson

Postby Artemis Black » Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:57 am

ALizardInCrimson wrote:
EX-F wrote:I was a bit disappointed with this to be honest. It had its moments for my money the combined defenders were less than the sum of their individual parts. I'd give it 3.5 out of 5.

unspoilered - There's a weird change in the continuity - at the end of Daredevil S2 you see the Alias Investigations sign being painted on the office opposite Matt's but here Jessica is back operating from her own apartment again. - Unspoilered

your spoiler....
are you sure?

I can't find that :(

It says "Atlas Investments" not "Alias Investigations", it's there throughout the season not just in the last ep.

It's an easter egg as it has the same logo as 'Atlas Comics', the company that became Marvel Comics.

</nerd>
Artemis Black
Kickstarter Slayer

Postby EX-F » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:36 am

Hmm. I must have been more drunk than I thought when I watched DD S2 then. :drunk: :drunk: :oops:
EX-F

Return to Television, The Drug of a Nation